While you are reading this I am busy baking breads and cookies to share this holiday season.
It has been a rough year for everyone – even my cats are confused!
I wanted to share another service that Lucky 7 Studios offers to our customers and clients – custom patternmaking with personal instructions! Yes, that is exactly what I said – if you are a sewer – we can make a custom pattern using your measurements – I know that is Crazy!
The overall process is well…. Here let me explain …
My mother has this dress that she absolutely LOVES! She is a sewer and could not find a pattern that matched that dress. We scoured the internet and looked at all the big name pattern companies and as many small independent ones I could find. We could not even find anything similar to her dress. She was sad to say the least.
She knew I made patterns and custom clothes – She asked me of I could make a pattern using her dress. I said “of course” – this was going to be easier than recreating something from nothing.
So she sent me her dress in the mail – COVID and all…. What follows are the general steps to complete such product/service. (There will be more photos at the end)
- Step 1 – evcaluate the garment to setermine the number of pattern pieces
- Step 2 – take measurements of everything – more than once.
- Step 3 – begin to draft the pieces
- Step 4 – verify their accuracy to measurements and to the garment
- Step 5 – Determine seam allowances
- Step 6 – Draft final pattern pieces
- Step 7 – Photograph and upload each piece
- Step 8 – Complete the instructions for client/customer (this is a LONG process)
- Step 9 – Ship pattern & instructions to client, including the Lucky 7 Studios label
This same process can also be done from a sketch, an idea you have, a photo of a garment that you love, or many other things. Your measurements and the idea are all that are needed to get started!
If you are interested in this service and would like more information please contanct Jennifer at email@example.com to discuss your project and recieve a personalized quote.