Currently my cat is sitting on top of my notes. I am not sure what she is doing – other than sitting there looking pretty.
I am so grateful to have come out of our second year of Covid and the other side of 2021 relatively unscathed. But here we are rolling into our third year. When this all started I thought we would have it under control by now. Cases are rising faster than any other time since this began. This is alarming to me.
Because Covid has tore up small businesses like mine the world over; here at the shop I am taking every precaution to protect customers and clients as well as myself.
I was hoping to run into 2022 Screaming, “Take that 2021” but alas 2021 wasn’t done with me yet. A week before New Years, I decided to miss a step going down to studio (we all get in a hurry sometimes and distracted) and I sprained my ankle where it is going to take 5 – 6 weeks to fully recover. So, I limped quietly into the New Year – saying “just you wait”!
I have begun to implement some “minimalistic” standards into my life and my business. I will only check my mail 3 times a day – 9:00am. Noon, around 300/330. Email is rather distracting and once my rhythm is off – I may not be able to get back to it. I have also turned off almost every notification on my phone. 90% are irrelevant but I see them and must quickly reply or look or anything else that takes my focus away. I will let you know how this this plays itself out.
Looking back at 2021, I had a number of ideas that either got moved, changed, or left on the sidelines. Now, it is time to pick them up and make them a reality.
- Complete the 1st Annual Edition of the L7S clothing line for home sewers
- Decide on which Civil War dress I want to make and lay out the plan to make it happen.
- Complete my 18th Century “costume” with all the appropriate pieces.
- The website you are reading this on, will be receiving a “facelift” to provide customers accurate descriptions and what Lucky 7 Does
- I plan to start on the 2nd edition of L7S clothing line for home sewers and finish that in the spring of 2023.
Other thoughts – I may record some videos while I work on things, those will post to the YouTube page. More photos while I am working on garments, may they be customer alterations, one of a kind garments, or well a sample for someone.
Keep an eye here and on Facebook and Instagram too!